We want to help both developers looking to get into blogging as well as bloggers with already established blogs. Writing content on the elmah.io blog is a great way for you to spread both your content as well as your name. We have more than 100,000 page views on our blog every month and the blog posts are often shared on social media and in newsletters.
We do not sell advertising space and won't publish your promotional blog post in exchange of cash.
In order to accept your contribution, the following requirements must be met:
- Your post should be relevant to our audience which is Microsoft .NET developers.
- Your post should be technical and must include code.
- Your post should be at least 1,000 words.
- Your post should be unique and not a cross-post from another source. We allow you to cross-post contributions to the elmah.io blog to other blogs, as long as the requirements in Cross-posting blog posts to your blog are met.
- Your post may not contain any promotional links. We will include a link to your personal page or blog on the profile account created on the elmah.io blog.
- Your post may not contain any advertising for commercial products unless cleared with us.
- Your post may not contain a custom header image. We would very much like your input but in the end, we'll generate something that fits our normal template and send it to you for approval.
- You will not be compensated for writing a single post. If we like what we see and we can work out some kind of compensation model that fits both of us, getting paid for blogging on the elmah.io blog is a possibility.
- We are allowed to edit your post if we believe something could be written in a more understandable form. We will ask you for approval of any edits we make.
- We are allowed to insert promotional blocks within your post. Promotional blocks are clearly separated from the rest of the post.